|Company||GIZ Office Namibia|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia|
The Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET), in partnership with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), is implementing the project “Biodiversity Economy in Selected Landscapes in Namibia” which aims at developing the biodiversity economy in the country.
The biodiversity economy builds upon sectors such as tourism that depend directly on biodiversity for their core business or that contribute directly to the conservation of biodiversity. The national parks together with the adjacent communal conservancies, private reserves and farmland form unique sceneries.
• providing financial and administrative services for the Biodiversity Economy project, particularly regarding bookkeeping
• supporting the projects’ Financial Manager/Team Leader with day-to-day work
• review all vouchers/receipts according completeness and cost category and to correct them if required
• record daily transactions to the cashbook and bankbook
• report immediately any surplus or shortfall in cash or bank
• maintain regularly reconciliations of bank and cashbook
• assists in the acquisition of goods, prepares and submits custom exemption and other procurement documents
• assists with the preparation and monitoring of financing agreements, local subsidy contracts and other contracts in compliance with GIZ regulations
• supports all preparations for any internal and external audits
• identifies WINPACCS Accounting voucher numbers as necessary information for Onsite Asset (Inventory), vehicle logbook file etc.
• checks travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior and processes them for reimbursement
• Grade 12 Certificate with a formal qualification (Certificate, Diploma or similar) from a recognised institution
• At least 2 - 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position
• Working experience with GIZ will be an advantage
• Good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Financial and organisational competence
• Understanding of financial planning and accounting
• Proficient in English
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
|Job Closing Date||22/05/2020|