|Company||GIZ Office Namibia|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia|
Namibia is experiencing rapid urbanization and growth of informal settlements. Against this background, GIZ has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to collaborate with the Ministry of Urban and Rural Development through a project on Inclusive and Sustainable Urban Development (ISUD).
On the national level the ISUD project aims to strengthen the organizational performance of the Ministry of Urban and Rural Development (MURD) as well as other national institutions with relevance to the urban policy and land delivery processes. It aims in particular to support the ministry with the development of principle documents guiding a more inclusive and sustainable urban development and to strengthen related policy dialogue and research.
The Technical Advisor: Urban Policy is responsible for the advisory services provided to the MURD and for ensuring that both international good practices as well as lessons from the project implementation in partner towns is integrated in the urban policy development.
The tasks include amongst others:
• professional urban policy advisory services to MURD, related organizational capacity development and individual competency development of partner staff, including strengthening the capacity of project staff on urban legal and technical matters
• process and technical support to the development and review of urban policy documents as well as the interpretation and operationalization of implementing relevant legislation such as the Urban and Regional Planning Act
• Identification and tailored processing of support needs in the project component on urban policy; safeguarding compliance with BMZ and GIZ regulations while coordinating with MURD
• Master’s degree in Town Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or similar
• At least 5 years’ in a comparable position
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (Microsoft Suite)
• Excellent communication skills, with fluent command of English both written and oral
• Fluency in one or more widely spoken native Namibian language is an asset
• German language literacy an added advantage
• Very good knowledge of urban policy and urban development principles both in Namibia and internationally and familiarity with the relevant legislation and policy documents
• Very good analytical and critical thinking
• Strong self-initiative and self-management
• Ability to work in a team, flexibility, creativity and results orientation
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
|Job Closing Date||03/07/2020|