|Company||GIZ Office Namibia|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia|
Namibia is experiencing rapid urbanization and growth of informal settlements. Against this background, GIZ has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to collaborate with the Ministry of Urban and Rural Development through a project on Inclusive and Sustainable Urban Development (ISUD).
The project works with partners on national as well as local level and shall collaborate with relevant stakeholders within the sector. The project aims to improve the living and housing conditions in informal settlements and pursues an integrated approach to this end, which promotes gender equality and the inclusion of people with disabilities. While focusing on participatory planning and security of tenure, the project also explores cooperation potentials to empower the residents of informal settlements economically and socially.
The Technical Advisor: Mainstreaming and Cooperation has a cross-cutting role in the project regarding mainstreaming and cooperation activities, thus comprising a broad range of tasks of both technical and administrative nature, while reporting directly to the project manager.
The tasks form a significant contribution to the project’s knowledge management and include amongst others:
• Analysis, integration and monitoring of inclusion of people with disabilities, the youth as well as gender responsiveness in the project approach and activities
• Documentation and reporting of project and partner contribution to the Namibian and international development agenda relevant to the project context
• Assist in the preparation and care of relations with cooperation partners, while monitoring the potential impact of such cooperation, e.g. about health, education or livelihoods
• Flexibly assist the project manager, e.g. with project or thematic briefs, in exploring potential learning areas and innovations, organizing events or with project visits
• University degree, preferably master’s degree, in an area that is related to the project objectives
• At least 5 years’ in a comparable position
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (Microsoft Suite)
• Excellent communication skills, with fluent command of English both written and oral
• Fluency in one or more widely spoken native Namibian language is an asset
• German language literacy an added advantage
• Knowledge of the Namibian and internal development agenda; good knowledge of urban development principles is an asset;
• Very good analytical and critical thinking
• Strong self-initiative and self-management
• Ability to work in a team, flexibility, creativity and results-orientation
• Willingness to travel within the country as well as to work on weekends if required
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
|Job Closing Date||03/07/2020|