|Company||GIZ Office Namibia|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia|
GIZ implements the project "Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative MakeIT in Africa" on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It is part of the BMZ initiative "Digital Africa" and aims at improving the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the digital economy. In its second project phase Make-IT supports tech start-ups in their early growth phase and strengthens public and private intermediaries of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. In 2022 we are starting to implement MakeIT as well in the southern part of Africa with a base in Windhoek, Namibia. We are looking to strengthening the team and also to build a close collaboration with the Digital Transformation Center in Namibia.
|Industries||Capacity Development,Entrepreneurship ,IT - Information Technology|
1. Co-create the regional MakeIT in Africa Desk southern Africa
▪ Establish and manage collaborations between International companies and the private sector in general and regional start-ups and Innovators
▪ Set up and coordinate the Make-IT in Africa Mentor Pool for southern Africa
▪ Establish MakeIT’s footprint regionally in the form of collaborations and impactful activities
2. Support southern African tech start-ups
▪ Set up and manage start-up support programs (e.g. Accelerators) for Make-IT in Africa
▪ Set up and manage a joint pipeline initiative for better access to investment for start-ups in the region
▪ Provide Matchmaking for start-ups in the region with
business partners (start-up corporate connect)
▪ Identifying and maintaining contact with private investors
and public financing partners for tech start-ups in the
3. Project management, monitoring and evaluation
▪ Knowledge sharing with other MakeIT in Africa Desks in Ghana, Rwanda and Germany
▪ Joint implementation of selected activities in a regional team
▪ Cooperate closely with other (GIZ) projects
▪ Maintain and carry out quality assurance of MakeIT in Africa activities in the region
▪ Monitoring and evaluating of measures implemented locally and reporting to the headquarter in Germany
4. Communication and networking
▪ PR, brand development, marketing and communication of MakeIT in Africa in regional start-up eco-systems in collaboration with head quarter Comms Team
▪ Event management and creation: identify local events with co-creation potential, create and organize own events
5. International Collaboration and Exposure
▪ Establish and manage new cooperation formats (‘exposure projects’) between European companies and start-ups in the region
▪ Strategic cooperation with the Make-IT Alliance partners in the partner countries
▪ Establish close exchange formats with relevant Digital Innovation Hubs (AEDIB)
▪ Drafting of reports and statements
• University degree in computer science, economics, business or a similar subject.
• At least four years of professional experience in the field of start-up promotion, communication, network management and cooperation with the private sector in the SADC region,
• Ideally working experience with an extensive network in Green/Blue Tech or Smart Cities
• Extensive knowledge of digital transformation in Africa and of the regional digital start-up ecosystems.
• Excellent organizational and coordination skills
• Ability to work independently, structure your tasks, familiarize yourself with new topics quickly and comprehensively.
• You have excellent writing and communication skills and a great interest in ICT and technology; you are very flexible and are able to work under pressure.
• Business fluency in English is vital. Knowledge of German and Portuguese would be an advantage.
|Job Closing Date||27/05/2022|