|Company||GIZ Office Namibia|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia|
GIZ implements the project "Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative MakeIT in Africa" on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It is part of the BMZ initiative "Digital Africa" and aims at improving the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the digital economy. In its second project phase Make-IT supports tech start-ups in their early growth phase and strengthens public and private intermediaries of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. In 2022 we are starting to implement MakeIT as well in the southern part of Africa with a base in Windhoek, Namibia. We are looking to strengthening the team and also to build a close collaboration with the Digital Transformation Center in Namibia.
|Job Functions||Advisory,Information Technology|
|Industries||Capacity Development,IT - Information Technology|
1. Co-create the regional MakeIT in Africa Desk southern Africa
▪ Developing an engagement strategy for Hubs and intermediaries in the region and draw up an operational strategy and implementation thereof
▪ Developing a management strategy for the southern Africa ESO (Entrepreneur Support Organizations) ecosystems with a focus on the overall ecosystem including i.e. angel investment networks, ecosystem
partnerships, academia, policy initiatives, to create buy-in and accountability
▪ Build a portfolio of partners and associates to help run sustainable programs on behalf of the network
▪ Conduct and facilitate community management of the network and anchor it in the SADC region
2. Build and support the community and a network of regional ESOs
▪ Planning (also collaborate), executing and reviewing events and programs, Pre- and post-event communication with participants and stakeholders
▪ Drawing project budgets, support in raising funding and preparing project accounts for community projects and programs
▪ Building a database of sectorial communities to guide strategic decisions.
▪ Maintaining both the ESO base and virtual communities that constantly engage and participate in the network’s activities.
▪ Leading community research to identify needs and expectation of community and ecosystem.
▪ Improve awareness of the ecosystem’s potential as well as leverage this potential to showcase the and amplify the work of hubs and entrepreneurs
3. Communication and networking
▪ PR, brand development, marketing and communication of MakeIT in Africa in regional start-up eco-systems in collaboration with head quarter Comms Team
▪ Event management and creation: identify local events with co-creation potential, create and organize own events
4. International Collaboration and Exposure
▪ Establish and manage new cooperation formats (‘exposure projects’) between European companies and start-ups in the region
▪ Strategic cooperation with the Make-IT Alliance partners in the partner countries
▪ Establish close exchange formats with relevant Digital Innovation Hubs AEDIB (Africa European Digital Innovation Bridge)
▪ Drafting of reports and statements
• University degree in computer science, economics, business or a similar subject.
• At least four years of professional experience in the field of start-up promotion, communication, network management and cooperation with the private sector in the SADC region,
• Ideally working experience with an extensive network in Green/Blue Tech or Smart Cities
• Extensive knowledge of digital transformation in Africa and of the regional digital start-up eco-systems.
• Excellent organizational and coordination skills
• Ability to work independently, structure your tasks, familiarize yourself with new topics quickly and comprehensively.
• You have excellent writing and communication skills and a great interest in ICT and technology; you are very flexible and are able to work under pressure.
• Business fluency in English is vital. Knowledge of German and Portuguese would be an advantage
|Job Closing Date||27/05/2022|