|Company||GIZ Office Namibia|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibia|
Commercial Public Enterprises (CPE) are an important part of the Namibian economy as they provide services (including electricity, water, IT, mobility services) to both businesses and the Namibian population. The performance of Commercial Public Enterprises therefore has a direct impact on the performance of the private sector and the quality of life of all Namibians.
The GIZ project “Performance Monitoring of Public Enterprises” supports the Ministry of Public Enterprises (MPE) in improving the performance and governance of CPEs.
|Industries||Capacity Development,Parastatal,Public Service Enterprise|
▪ Assists and reviews the development and implementation of programme plans and activities;
▪ Advises the Ministry of Public Enterprises on the design and implementation of a functional corporate management and finance strategy;
▪ Supports with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other Capacity Building events that will prepare MPE and potentially Ministry of Finance (MOF) for the implementation of a Transformation / Restructuring plan;
▪ Will be the GIZ focal person in supporting the transition of the Holding Company legal frameworks
▪ Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with MPE/MOF key staff, assists and cooperates with other Ministries, Public Enterprises and relevant
organisations and individuals in the financial and legal framework;
▪ Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their
implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
▪ Closely supports and coordinates with MPE/MOF legal and finance staff to implement all key activities, be it reviews of financial documents or legal instruments.
▪ Master Degree in Financial Management and Financial Economics / Strategic Business Management or any related fields.
▪ At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position within the private or public sector or Public Enterprises in Namibia;
▪ Proven experience in portfolio management;
▪ Proven experience in Business Analysis or turnaround strategies or business restructuring;
▪ Proven experience in working within commercial business enterprises;
▪ Experience in development cooperation and an acceptable understanding of the PEGA will be added advantages
▪ Good working knowledge of ISBP & Annual Plan reviews, Balance Sheet/Income Statement, Budgets and Company/Corporate Law Interpretations;
▪ Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies;
▪ Fluent written and oral knowledge of English, working knowledge of German is an advantage;
▪ Willingness to evolve in the job, to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
|Job Closing Date||27/05/2022|